Favourite Book Chat

My favourite book Chat this year would have to be Orphan Island by Laurel Snyder.  

This book is a family and friendship read. Orphan Island is about a girl called Jinny who lives on an island with other orphans. Every year a little green boat comes with a new orphan and collects the eldest orphan to take them somewhere they do not know. When the new orphan comes, the new eldest has to take care of them before they go. Jinny was the second eldest orphan and her best friend Deen was the eldest. The boat came and took Deen away because the rule about the island was that if there was more than the amount of orphans allowed, the sky would fall. Jinny was now the oldest and has to take care of the new orphan Ess but finds that things aren’t so easy now that she was the oldest and she runs into some difficult challenges.

Why I enjoyed this book was because I liked how you never really new what would happen next and that the author would throw things in there that you weren’t expecting. Another reason was because the book never made you feel bored or that you didn’t want to read anymore, it always kept you intrigued. Finally, the main character Jinny was a bit of a rebel so there was some rule breaking in the book which was a bit surprising at times and also a bit scary which made it very interesting. 

Do you do Book Chat? What is your favourite book?